Saturday, September 17, 2016

Module 3

1.   Color has many effects on emotions as the shade of the colors can give off different types of emotions.  The color evokes feeling and emotions.  For examples colors that are bright and colorful usually depict the emotion of joy, happiness, and positive.  While to most people dark shades give off an emotion of fear, gloomy, sadness.Although this is the the perspective of most some people see shades in different ways.  I especially liked when they were talking about Rothko's painting that was meant for the 4 seasons restaurant but did not make it.  It didn't make it because of the use of color as it made patrons feel entrapped

2.   The theoretical aspect of color that most intrigues me is association with emotion.  For example red has always been a color that I have been most intrigued with and it stems from my longtime passion for the Detroit Red Wing hockey team.  It is this very question that has made me realize that its probably the color that has helped spill over into other sports teams, as I am also a passionate fan of the San Francisco 49ers, as well as the Calgary Stampeders who are also associated with the color red.  This very question has made me realize that association with the color is a big part of my life and passions.

3.  Vincent Van Gogh's impact full painting made the biggest impact on me with regards to color and its effect on emotions.  His self acclaimed worst painting was his depiction of a dismal cafe where man could commit crimes. I found this to have a great impact on me because he purposely painted an ugly painting just to get his feelings about the cafe on canvas.

4.  In the feelings video the biggest impact made on me in regards to color and its effect on emotion was the idea of perspective.  I find perspective to be interesting because it deals with so many different viewpoints that contrast so much between people

No comments:

Post a Comment