Sunday, December 11, 2016

Art Gallery Visit #3

I was unable to go to the art gallery so I used the gallery named "Self Portraits" on google Art.

Inspirational Self Portraits

Self-Portrait with Dr. Arrieta
Artists: Francisco de Goya
Media: Oil on Canvas
Size: 45 1/8 x 30 1/8 in. (114.62 x 76.52 cm) (canvas) 54 x 39 1/8 x 3 3/4 in. (137.16 x 99.38 x 9.53 cm) (outer frame)
Year: 1820
Origin: Spain






Self Portrait
Artist: Vincent Van Gogh
Media: Oil on Canvas
Size: w438.2 x h571.5 cm (overall)
Year: 1889
origin: Dutch



Self- portrait with Small Monkey
Artist: Frida Kahlo
Media: Oil on masonite
Size: w415 x h560 mm (without frame)
Year: 1945 




Self Portrait





1. I chose these to be the three inspirational pieces to me because I felt they touched home with me the most.  The first piece touched home with me the most because its of a doctor taking care of a patient and it symbolizes to me caring about others and helping others and that's something that I really believe in.  The last picture was also inspiring to me due to the fact that I am a big animal lover.

2. I selected this media to create my self portrait because I thought it would be the best way for me to do this.

3. The challenges that I faced in this process was that I found it difficult to look at the picture of myself and sketch at the same time.  To get past that i just took things really slow and kind of got used to looking back and forth while drawing.

4. This piece represents me because it is a head shot of my hockey picture.  I play on the hockey team here at Buffalo State and I believe hockey defines me as it is such a huge part of my life.

5. The elements and principles that I applied was the use of emotion.  My facial emotions in this self portrait was very serious and I used that to help me when drawing this.

6. No I did not enjoy doing this as I found it very weird to attempt to draw myself.

7. I think it is an okay piece of art, but I am not the best at drawing so it could definitely be improved upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment