Friday, November 4, 2016

Module #10: Video Review

1. I selected to do the videos Africa Art: Legacy of Oppression and Africa art because my mother and her family were born and raised until the age of 12 in South Africa so learning more about their art is something that interests me.

2. When looking at the first video the art styles show a very big range.  The art is simple and dramatic, startling and exaggerated.  These concepts are seen throughout African art work.  When looking at the second video a lot of the art had to do with the use of them as they would use the masks, statues, and other objects in ceremonies combined with music to create a dynamic power of dance.

3. The videos relate the readings because they help to depicts examples and give a deeper understanding to the concepts of the art.  Seeing the examples visually through a video helps to make things easier for me to understand as opposed to learning everything through readings.

4.  I really enjoyed the films because they helped to show me how art is created, the concepts, and history behind it.  With me being half African it is a lot more important to me because I love to learn and know as much as possible about my heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment