Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Module 7

1.

Prairie Style (Frank Lloyd Wright)


  • This style comes from the Midwest Prairies near Chicago.
  • This style is usually marked with horizontal lines.
  • Wright would have the fireplace placed in the middle of the home which allowed for more light to shine through the windows.
  • Has very solid construction, craftsmanship, and discipline
Architecture: The Science of Design

  • New materials were introduced such as; cement and steel.
  • Concrete is used to create a solid and beautiful looking building.
  • The energy consumption is a very important concept.
  • The material will not break all at once it will crack first, so in that case we have the ability to repair it.
2. These videos have a major relation to the readings in the text because they are both associated with Architecture.  The textbook looks at the conditions needed for engineers as well as what they look for.  They both look at the materials needed for an architect to make a model come to life.  I learned that there are so many different ways to make a structure and that the main focus is to create a safe and attractive structure.  If that is done it will be successful.

3. I really enjoyed watching the videos.  I thought they both added in depth perspective, ideas and thoughts that helped me to learn more about architecture.  They definitely added depth with their in depth analysis of the step by step process of the different architecture styles.  

4.  There was no big reason why I chose the videos that I did, I researched Frank Lloyd Wright beforehand to get a little background information on what he is all about.  I liked what I saw and decided to watch that video because I thought it would be very interesting.  


No comments:

Post a Comment